- 1927 John Logie Baird founds the Baird Television Company which later becomes Cinema-Television and then Cintel.
- During the Second World War, Cintel supplies thousands of specialist photoelectric cells, and cathode ray tubes for the war effort.
- 1950 The first flying spot telecine is installed at the BBC's Lime Grove Studios.
- 1958 Cinema-Television Limited is renamed Rank Cintel Limited.
- 1946 TMk1 Polygonal Prism system, first 35mm continuous Motion Flying Spot Telecine.
- 1964 Mk II Twin Lens, 35 and 16mm Telecine.
- Mk III Jump scan
- 1987 MK IIIB Progressive scan and Digiscan
Right, that rings the bell. They are the folks that make
Cinitel film scanners, used for digital imtermediate work..
Makes perfect sense, there scanners are "Flying spot" and so they make
their own Precison CRTs